Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
Care Services Management (CSM) has sought after and partnered with the very best professionals in patient care, creating a network of providers to bring quality and timely care to residents and facilities. We offer a menu of services for partnering facilities, creating a tailor made solution for each individual need. Our staff will coordinate all scheduling for services and will manage all family consent gathering for residents. Some of our leading services include…
CSM is able to offer dental services to all of our clients through the use of two different types of leaders in on site dental care:
Mobile Dental Services
Offers on-site comprehensive mobile dental services through the use of licensed mobile dental clinics that have treated tens of thousands of residents safely since 2008. Our providers are some of the only ones in the industry to treat patients onsite in a fully licensed mobile dental clinic, which can truly provide comprehensive care. CSM is able to offer dental services to all of our clients through the use of two different types of leaders in on site dental care:
Portable Dental Services
Portable Dental is similar in structure to Mobile Dental with one important exception: Portable Dental has the ability to see and treat residents that are unable, or do not want, to be brought out to the mobile dental clinic.
Both Mobile Dental and Portable Dental will be utilizing telemedicine for:
- Post – Operative consults and follow ups
- Immediate Responses to emergency visits
- Speech Therapy for residents receiving new dentures
Mobile Dental Services offers the following comprehensive services:
- On-site routine dental exams, cleanings and x-rays
- On-site surgical, restorative and periodontal treatment
- On-site denture and partial fabrication and repair
- Handles all state DHS income offsets, item D or Pt. pay deductions
- Treats residents without the ability to pay for services
- Treats residents in a true and safe dental environment licensed by the state board of Dentistry and inspected by the state board of health
- Utilizes only the use of licensed Dentists, so every resident is seen by the Dentist on every visit.
- Uses only the newest and best equipment to treat residents.
- Nomad handheld X-Ray
- Ultra Sonic Scalers
- Ultra Violet oral cancer screening technology
- Intra-oral imaging
- Pentamix vinyl impression system, and much more…..
- Dental billing is set by the state DHS, DSCS or DHR. Mobile Dental is not an insurance system but a true fee for service. Residents will only receive the treatment that they need specific to their care plan
CSM is able to offer optometry services to all of our clients.
Includes the eye physician and an assistant
- Scheduled as needed (minimum 90 days)
- Treat 30-35 residents per day
On Site Treatment
- Eye health exams
- Visual Acuities
- Binocular Vision Testing
- Slit Lamp Examinations
- Anterior Eye Structure
- Ophthalmoscopic evaluation of Retina
- Retinal Photos
- Eye Glasses
- CSM Handles offset or Item D
- Delivery within 30 days
- Multiple Selections
- Eye Glasses, etc…
- Emergency facility staff consultations
CSM is able to offer podiatry services to all of our clients.
Podiatrist and CSM will provide an assistant if needed
- Scheduled at facility every 60-90 days
- Treat 30-40 residents per day
On Site Treatment
- Mycotic Nails
- Foot Ulcers
- Heel Pain
- Diabetic Shoes
- Any Income offset or Item D will be done by CSM
- Post-operative healing consultations
- Patient Prosthetics consults
- Specialty Shoes, etc…
- Emergency facility staff consultations
MEDICATION THERAPY MANAGEMENT & DNA TESTINGthat a patient takes to confirm that he or she is complying with a medication regimen, while also ensuring the patient is avoiding potentially dangerous drug interactions and other complications. This is especially important for those taking large numbers of medications to address chronic illnesses and multiple diseases. Taking multiple medications is known as polypharmacy, and it is particularly common among older adults, as they are more likely to need medications to manage an array of chronic conditions.
There are a number of aspects to medication management, all of which are focused on making sure that medications are used appropriately. Keeping track of all of the medications currently
Monitoring medication administration is also key. Medications usually need to be taken in specific doses at set intervals. Missing doses or timing doses incorrectly can cause complications. To manage this, everything from devices that issue reminders to patients to take their medications to filling pill cases for patients and marking the lid of each compartment to indicate when the contents need to be taken may be used.
Steps for Service
- Test requisition form is signed by the physician for each resident.
- Resident is swabbed for DNA sample.
- Swab and resident information is sent to the lab.
- A full color medication management and DNA report is returned to the ordering physician.
Treatment and Schedule:
Vestibular Auto Rotation Testing is a fall prevention solution for residents who suffer from dizziness, vertigo, and/or disequilibrium.
- A physician’s order is obtained
- Date of Service is scheduled according to facility’s convenience
- On-site tests are performed
- Test read by physician and referral’s may be made to physical therapy department, meanwhile increasing the Medicare/Medicaid cap
- Provider offers training to all physical therapy departments when needed
- Test will be repeated to monitor progress
- Covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance
- Increases star rating
BEHAVIORAL HEALTHTreatment and Schedule:
New Consultations are typically done fact to face but may also be done remotely via a telemedicine e-encounter, based upon a Resident’s needs.
Routine Follow ups are typically performed via a telemedicine encounter, but if residents cannot cooperate then provider will schedule an in-house visit.
Change in Behavior:
Patients that need an immediate visit for a behavioral issue may be immediately scheduled for a telemedicine e-encounter.
Physician’s will complete documentation and will send directly to facility.
The Need for Behavioral Health
Studies indicate that from 20 to 60 percent of the jail population, on any given day, have mental health problems. Access to care givers for these needs is very difficult. With our network of providers and technology, we can help bridge the gap between patient needs and care giving.
For More Information
- Telemedicine encounters for rural areas
- On site wound care for non-rural areas
- On site debridement consults and instruction
AUDIOLOGYTreatment and Schedule:
When a resident presents with a hearing issue, a physician’s order will be obtained for an audiology exam. A tele-med visit will be scheduled with an Audiologist or an associate. If the result of that exam is determined to be a hearing issue, an impression will be taken on site for a hearing aid.
- Hearing aid will be delivered within 30 days if the resident is state eligible
- Item-D or income offsets will be done by CSM
- Hearing aid adjustments will be done via the tele-med station
- 900 MHz frequency
- Comprehensive diagnostic audio-logical evaluations and hearing tests
- Rehabilitation services for hearing loss
- Counseling for hearing loss and Tinnitus (Ringing in the ears)
- Computerized hearing aid analysis (Real Ear Measurement)
- Hearing aid repair services
- Custom ear molds for hearing aids, iPods and MP3s
- Cerumen management (earwax removal)
Our audiologist will be using telemedicine for:
- An initial hearing test
- Adjustments to the hearing aide
- Results provided within first 24 hours for routine testing
- Results delivered via fax, internet, electronic medical record, or courier
- Daily courier stops
- Early morning phlebotomy
- Maintenance of recurring orders
- Stat laboratory testing*
- Laboratory chart audits*
- Infection control reports*
- On-Site Portable Telemetry Harness
- Continuous Feed to Provider monitored by Cardiologists
- Immediate notification of change in condition
- Results sent to the facility from Provider
- Residents stay at the facility
- No transportation cost
- No lost CMS reimbursement
Wireless External Cardiac Ambulatory Telemetry
- Real-time ECG analysis on-board device
- Patient, Auto, Trended and Full-Disclosure data sent wirelessly via cellular telephony network without patient interaction
- Powered by 1AA alkaline battery (w/ 5 day battery life)
- Two-way communication allows clinicians to adjust trigger settings, request additional data and adjust study durations remotely
- LED status indicators for Monitoring, Battery and Wireless Communication conditions assist in patient compliance
- Simply send the telemetry physicians order to the CSM office.
- Provider will send the telemetry unit with instructions to begin monitoring.
- Monitoring will be done remotely by professionals without the resident having to leave the facility.
- Results of the session will be given to the facility upon completion.
- The appropriate insurance will be billed.
MOBILE X-RAYDigital X-Ray
- Pace Maker Checks
- X-Ray to determine Picc Line Placement
24 Hour Holter Monitor Study
- Monitor is placed on patient for 24 hours to monitor heart activity
- 10 lead process
Bone Density Scans
- Total test time takes only 2 minutes. The test scans the patient’s hand to determine bone density.
Ultrasound tests are done bedside, and the following tests can be performed:
- Vascular Studies
- Abdominal Vascular
- (IVC, Aorta, Renal Arteries, Mesenteric Arteries)
- Venous (Upper and Lower Extremities)
- Arterial (Upper and Lower Extremities)
- Venous Studies
- Abdomen/Retro Peritoneum Studies
- Same day DVT studies when called in before 2PM.